Find a Relief Driver
Gencat provides professional drivers when you need it (cover, holidays, activity peak) for local, national or international work. We are Ireland’s leading dedicated driver agency. We can provide experienced drivers in the following areas:
- Vans (light vans and HGV vans)
- Rigid, Articulated, Tailift, Curtain, Beavertail Trucks
- Minibuses, Buses and Coaches
- Refrigerated Trucks (chilled, frozen)
- Auto Trans
- Dangerous Goods ADR
- Bin Trucks
- Construction Vehicles: Hi-Ab, Cranes, Concrete Mixers, Bulldozers, Telescopic Handlers
- STGO Vehicles
- Corporate drivers
- Security Driving Garda Vetted
All of our drivers have the required qualifications, licensing and certifications. Our management team ensures that all drivers are compliant with driver’s hours and tachograph regulations. We provide a 24/7 driver support. For assignments, we make sure to provide the right driver for the right vehicle and for the right job. For example, for fuel deliveries, we ensure that the driver is ADR certified and has experience operating tankers. Drivers systematically undergo the same process, prior to recruitment and once hired. For a keen quotation, please contact us
Join Ireland’s Leading Driving Agency
If you are a professional driver looking for full time, part time or occasional work, we can offer you opportunities and challenges thanks to our intimate contacts with many transport companies in Ireland. Agency driving for Gencat is a good stepping stone for progressing your career. You will be joining a group of very experienced drivers and mentors with in-depth knowledge of the road transport industry. Many of our drivers have remained with us since the company was incorporated. Many drivers have been promoted to higher level positions such as traffic planners, routers or transport managers. If you are interested in joining Gencat, please contact us
and include your CV.
Driver Recruitment Process
Drivers working for us systematically undergo the following process. Prior to recruitment:
- Background checks are obtained on each driver (criminal prosecutions, insurance).
- Previous driving experience is investigated by checking references from past employers.
- Driving licence validity and category is verified, with investigation for penalty points, restrictions or endorsements. For example, the driver must sign a declaration of penalty points.
- We ensure that drivers are up to date with their Certificate of Professional Competency (CPC) modules. If needed, drivers are trained on operating digital tachographs and will be able to comply with regulations.
- We make sure that they have specific licences such as ADR for dangerous goods, forklift licences or Safe Pass (access to construction sites) and that they haven’t expired.
- Driving ability is tested on the road by an RSA authorised driving instructor.
- Medical reports are required (eyesight, disabilities) to ensure driver’s fitness to drive.